Dec 31, 2010

How to create linked index in OpenOffice

From using MS Office, I am now using OpenOffice an get many troubles in first times. Maybe you are same me!


Here, I am going to explain how it’s possibile to create a linked index of a document. All of us know the importante of indexes in written documents which immediatly redirects you to the part of the document you are intrested in.


Firstly, you must format you headers. You can see this options on formatting toolbar. If its not displayed you can display it by clicking View >> Toolbars >> Formatting. See the figure:




You can set levels by the way you want. There are some levels there.


Next, click the cursor at place you want to set indexes for you document (usually at the beginning). Then click Insert >> Indexes and Tables >> Indexes and Tables. See an follow the figures:


Follow my steps, do exactly:





And this is my result :)



Enjoy !

No comments: